San Jose Revisited
Last Thursday found us back at Mission San Jose. Our weeks seem to run together with constant activity. But -- that's okay! I told my friend Jennifer about our trip to the mission, and she wanted her daughter, Avery, to experience it. It was a beautiful morning for it, and this time the gristmill was in working order!
 |
"Jonathan making Mommy proud" He loves rocks, but has learned to just let the rocks fall from his hand instead of hurling them at whatever stationary or moving target he can find. |
 |
| Wonder what's in there? |
 |
| Jonathan giving a flower to Miss Jennifer |
 |
Checking it all out
Friday we took lunch to Daddy's office and worked the building before returning home for a surprise and a nap. Jonathan was in my arms as I showed him some of the magnets on the fridge. The next thing I knew, a small black snake (approx. 7-8 inches) had slithered half way out from under the toaster oven. I plunked Jonathan down in front of Caillou, ran to the closet for a shoe box, got the little booger contained and hurled him off the back porch. I don't even want to know how a snake got in the house, much less to the top of my cabinet. Ahhh - spring in South Texas.
As sweet as our Jonathan is, we got the news after church on Sunday that he'd been pushing one of the little girls in the nursery. Argh. Miss Cindy said the pushing seemed to be more a way to show her he "liked" her than a malicious attempt to get a toy. Who knows. I'm thankful they told us though. Today when I picked him up from Bible class I got the same report. Again - pushing a little girl. He's definitely all boy. If anyone has any advice on how to teach our little guy to stop violently "flirting", I'd like to hear it. I guess that'll be our next challenge.
I finally decided to just forget about all the contingencies surrounding our life and plant some seeds. I also bought some heirloom tomato plants and flowers. Hopefully I'll have a nice little container garden within the next few months. In the spring, I can't help but plant something. Jonathan is a great little gardener. He watered nearly all our plants yesterday.
"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree." ~Martin Luther |
1 comment:
Little man is growing like a weed, isn't he? Such a love... as is his beautiful momma!
Post a Comment