"Hello, Mommy!"
So today was one of those days. For me that translates to, waking up after not-so-great sleep only to find that hour 49 of splitting headache is upon me, Jonathan is awake much earlier than I'd hoped (that's every day), I did not have all of the ingredients for the eggplant parmesan I planned to make for lunch and all of my clean lettuce had been consumed. I hate cleaning lettuce. At hour 50 of splitting headache, I was scrambling eggs and making blueberry oatmeal, but Jonathan actually ate some of his eggs and a bite of his oatmeal... hash mark number one to start my "let's try to look on the bright side" mental note for the day.
So we went to the grocery store. The milk I needed was just out of reach... WAY at the back of the commercial fridge. I had to take Jonathan to the bathroom for correction. My head was still splitting. I could not find tahini... ANYWHERE.
However, there were more hash marks for the positive mental note. A nice manager took me to the tahini (...which was on a shelf in the frozen foods by the pharmacy???). An even nicer store worker stopped what he was doing just to walk to the back and push all the milk forward. There was some really tasty spicy beef and wild mushroom ravioli in my freezer (Because, although I left the grocery store with the missing eggplant parmesan ingredient, I didn't have time to make it by the time the tahini quest was over.). Jonathan napped for close to three hours (and so did I). After that nap, my headache subsided.
Just to remind me that it's still one of those days, I managed to suck once of Jason's large socks into the vacuum cleaner hose this evening. It wasn't too far up there for recovery until my sweet boy decided to turn the machine on while I had a coat hanger shoved up it. The hose is ruined, we have yet another orphaned sock and I popped myself in the face with the coat hanger as I pulled it out of the hose. Oh well.
Jonathan has this darling habit of taking my face between his hands, smiling really big and saying, "Hello, Mommy!" in that sweet toddler voice of his. He seemed to know it was one of those days because he made an extra effort to make it happen a lot today.
Our big boy helped us end on a positive note. He told me he needed to go potty just before I put him into bed (for the second time today!) putting the grand total of pee pees on the potty at five for today. I know. For some of you, that doesn't seem so exciting. But THAT made my day. Even on one of those days, I am so very blessed.
| Ah - blessed nap time |
| At the park in Kerrville waiting for Mommy to finish CPR class |
1 comment:
Jonathan is adorable! Can't believe how big he's getting! :) Hope to see you guys soon.
Post a Comment